Wednesday, December 8, 2010

O' Christmas Tree, O' Christmas Tree

Every year since Daniel and I have been married we have tried to come up some new Holiday traditions! Well....being a creature of habit I am not willing to give up any of the traditions that I have been accustom to for the last 29 years (hot dogs on Christmas Eve, Christmas a.m. at my parents, looking at Christmas lights at my favorite places, and the list goes on)! So this year we finally found a new tradition that we both agreed on...Going to a Christmas Tree Farm to get our Christmas Tree! And this might now be my new favorite tradition. IT WAS AWESOME. I highly recommend doing this. Now, it is not exactly what we had in visioned-(insert scene from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation) I think it was even better. We found Tom Saywer's Christmas Tree Farm the weekend we were in Highlands in November, so we did a little sneak peek and instantly knew this is where we wanted to get our tree from.

Now for those of you who know me know that me, my mom, my sister, aunt and cousin (are all crazy) and we get up at the crack of dawn the day after Thanksgiving to do some shopping. This is one of those traditions that I am not willing to EVER give up except for this one Friday. **On a side note-we got married on November 17th and that year I guess Thanksgiving was early because we missed it while on our Honeymoon. I cried on Thanksgiving day and on Black Friday because I was a little sad to be missing them. Needless to say I have a very understanding husband and he now knows that we will never be out of town on a Holiday!** So anyways...Daniel is on a horrible rotation and if we were going to do this Christmas tree farm thing this was the ONLY day we had unless we waited until this upcoming weekend in December. Well of course that is ENTIRELY too late for me to do decorations. So I caved on the black Friday shopping-sort of we did do a little shopping in Highlands- and we headed off to get the perfect Christmas Tree!!!

So this place had everything...an elf village complete with a chapel (where Jami and Gabe wanted to get married), elf gift shop, hot cocoa, a cute little Santa house, story time, outdoor fireplace and of course lots of Christmas Trees. We decided to do the Santa thing first and then find the tree. Well Miss Priss LOVED Santa! She saw his beard, grabbed on to that thing and wouldn't let go. She thought it was so funny! I am so glad her first experience was a good one. I know that this doesn't really mean anything for the future Santa experiences, but we have a least 1 picture of EG and Santa without her screaming bloody murder!

I have to say that I ended up finding a Christmas tree relatively fast considering the first year Bones and I bought a real tree I made him go to 3 different lots before purchasing 1! At the farm they are much easier to pick out because you can see them all full and in the ground! So after walking around for a couple minutes we found the perfect one, cut it down, got it wrapped in burlap and off we went!

It was a great day, and a new tradition has been made for years to come! I can't wait until EG is a little older and can enjoy this new tradition! Here are some pictures from our trip!!!

Here is the whole gang at lunch in Highlands. It is very rare that we all get a picture together!

On the bus to the farm





Checking this guy out

I think she likes him!

This one is a little awkward...it was kind of close quarters in there

All the girls

Here it is!


This one is kind of dark...the finished product!


We are all ready for Christmas-minus some final shopping that needs to be done!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment