Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A couple of things...

1. If I can possibly help it next time I will NOT be pregnant in the summertime! I am sweating in places I didn't even know I could sweat in! I have on about the least amount of clothes that is allowed in public-next to being naked! It is absolutely miserable out there and I am sure will just get worse over the next 30 days!

2. One major annoying thing about being pregnant is the amount of times that you have to go to the bathroom...during the day, during the night, when you are in the shower, when I walk, sneeze, laugh...ALL THE TIME! It is a vicious cycle- I try to drink a lot of water to stay hydrated, but then it makes the above situation even worse! UUGGHH!!

3. Learn to keep your mouth shut....so the other day Daniel and I were at Wal-Mart and here is how the convo went with the (over weight) check out lady and myself:

Her "When is your baby due?"
Me "In about a month"
Her "Oh...I thought you were going to say any day now....you got twins in there?"
Me "UM NO....there is just one in there"
Her Eyes widening "Wow...I only gained 4 lbs when I was pregnant, and my baby was 8lbs. I walked every day when I was pregnant"
Me (sarcastically) "That is amazing!" (Now thinking to myself-what is your excuse now..do you just get up and walk to the refrigerator and back to the couch?? You are one of those people that watches the biggest loser while eating a gallon of ice cream aren't you?)
Her "Well good luck with that one"
Me BITING MY TONGUE!

Seriously people do you not know when enough is enough? I am not even THAT big and I am 8 months pregnant might I add! Here is just a bit of advice for those who come in contact with pregnant ladies:
1. Do not use words like: HUGE, BIG, GIGANTIC, FAT, LARGE, TWINS, SWOLLEN

2. Only use these words: BEAUTIFUL, GLOWING, CUTE, PRETTY, FABULOUS

3. If you do not know that someone is having twins, don't ask them if they are... it is better to be safe with just asking about 1 or even better yet don't assume people are pregnant!

4. Always offer to open the door, carry large and heavy items, pick up things they may drop, offer them a seat...just be courteous! Being pregnant isn't easy!

Ha Ha! Now that I got that off my chest...I feel better!

So tomorrow marks exactly 1 MONTH LEFT! I am so excited, but feel like I have a ton left to do before July 24! I guess the baby will come whether I have scrubbed the baseboards or not!!!

Have a Happy Hump Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment