Friday, May 7, 2010

New Running shoes....



...in my belly! Critter is apparently the size of a pair of running shoes this week.Holy Moly!It is hard to believe that something that big is inside of my body! Here is what Critter is up to this week:
After being sealed shut for many months, your baby's eyes will begin to open and close this week. Even if you could peek at the color of his peepers now though, they might not stay that color, as baby's eyes can change up until he's 6 months to 1 year old (especially if your little guy is born with baby blues).

He's also probably banging around like mad in there -- except when he's sleeping. Yep, your baby is snoozing on a regular schedule, but in very short spurts (only about 20 to 30 minutes at a time). Right now he weighs roughly 2 to 2-1/2 pounds and measures between 10 to 14 inches from crown to rump.


The belly is definitely growing (promise to post a new belly picture soon-we took some last night after eating sushi and that was just not a good idea. All of that sodium made me look twice as big as I think I really am). From everything I have read the baby is about to really start growing so bring it on! If I can just hold off from the swelling for about 2 more weeks that would be great. I am in a wedding in 2 weeks and if it looks like I still have ankles that would be ideal!!

With this Sunday being mother's day...I have a whole new out look on what this day means. I have always appreciated my mom, but now I have a whole new appreciation! Critter is not even here yet and he or she has already significantly changed my life. I have always wanted to be a mom and feel so blessed that God has given us this little miracle! I will be so excited to celebrate Mother's Day next year, not because it is an excuse to get gifts, but because it means that I am lucky enough to be a mother to our little boy or girl...and that is gift enough!

So to all the mother's-to-be, mother's, and grandmothers....HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! You are appreciated more than you will ever know! I love you!














Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment